This post may contain affiliate links to products I believe in. Please know that the nutritional information for my recipes is provided as a courtesy I cannot guarantee its accuracy. Also, I am not a doctor or medical professional and nothing on this website should be construed as medical advice.
Many of these tips for how to settle an upset stomach naturally are generations old and have worked for me over and over.
Whether it’s nausea, diarrhea, cramping, or a combination of everything, tummy troubles hit us all at some point. While there is a huge variety of medicine on the market, I like to first try natural home remedies before resorting to medicine. Many of these remedies for how to settle an upset stomach naturally are passed down from generation to generation…and in my personal experience, they work!
Of course I’m not a medical doctor; I’m sharing these tips for informational purposes based on what has worked for me and for people I know. Nothing here should be construed as medical or professional advice.
10 Methods for How to Settle an Upset Stomach Naturally
- Sip water. You may be dehydrated and sipping water slowly (about 1/4 cup per hour) can help.
- Drink warm ginger tea. Ginger can help relieve nausea.
- Try warm mint tea. This can help with stomach pain.
- BRAT diet. This stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. The point is to eat bland foods that are easy to digest. Avoid spicy foods, which can cause indigestion.
- Be mindful of your body position. If you have cramps, lying in the fetal position can help. However, if you’re nauseous, lying down can make it worse.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol. Both can make you nauseous.
- Use a heating pad. This is particularly helpful with alleviating cramps.
- Go for an easy walk if you’re up for it. This is especially helpful if gas is the cause of your tummy ache.
- Take activated charcoal when you suspect food poisoning. This is available over-the-counter at drugstores, pharmacies, and grocery stores. I have a friend who swears that she eats super burned toast when she has food poisoning, and it helps!
- The potato trick. This helps if you’re suffering from vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Share your best tips for how to settle an upset tummy naturally in the comments below and let me know if these were helpful! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter @firstworldgirlz and subscribe to my YouTube channel firstworldgirlz! xoxo