This post may contain affiliate links to products I believe in. Please know that the nutritional information for my recipes is provided as a courtesy I cannot guarantee its accuracy. Also, I am not a doctor or medical professional and nothing on this website should be construed as medical advice.
Learn how to make friends easily at any age in any social setting.
We all know that feeling when you find that one friend who you love unconditionally, can laugh about anything with, and can be completely yourself around. Having friends like this is vital. As people, we need others who understand us. People who connect with us, and will be there through good times and bad. Maybe you moved to a new city or school, or are heading off to college. You might be wondering, how the heck do I even find people like that?! To begin, it’s no easy task, and friendships can often take work. More than that, friendships require you to step out of your comfort zone, especially if you’re an introvert. However, by following these five simple steps you can begin to grow your tribe.
First off, be aware that no matter how hard you try not everyone is going to like you, and that’s ok! Making friends isn’t about quantity, it’s about quality. I’d rather have four quarters than 100 pennies any day. If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again; you will make friends eventually.
How to Make Friends in Any Setting at Any Age
- Be yourself! This advice is simple, but effective. Letting people see you for who you truly are will attract people who share similar interests and who like you for you!
- Smile and socialize! I know that putting yourself out there can be hard, but everyone is a little shy. If you make the first move and put yourself out there, potential friends may feel more comfortable coming up to you the next time. Something as simple as mindless small talk or a warm smile can show people that you’re inviting and intrigue them to want to get to know you better.
- Build your social media presence! We live in a time where a large part of interaction is done on the internet. Keeping your followers up-to-date on your day-to-day life will help to spark others interest in you and help them get to know you better.
- Get involved! There are an endless amount of groups that cater to a variety of interests. Many of us have the opportunity to join a sport, club, volunteer group, etc., and by doing so can meet new people and make new friends.
- Get out of the house! Go and explore your town or community whether it’s at a local festival or a neighborhood barbecue, check out what others are up to and introduce yourself to people you don’t know. Or even walk over to your neighbor’s house and say hello!
Share your best tips for how to make friends in the comments below and let me know if these were helpful! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter @firstworldgirlz and subscribe to my YouTube channel firstworldgirlz! xoxo